Northern Suburbs News
Dad of Conn. man convicted of 3 killings testifies
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- The father of a man facing a possible death sentence for killing a woman and her two daughters in a brutal Connecticut home invasion says the state should have helped his family more after a foster teen he took into his home sexually abused his son.
Benedict Komisarjevsky testified Thursday for a second day in the sentencing phase of his son's trial. Joshua Komisarjevsky was convicted on Oct. 13 of capital felony killing, kidnapping, arson and sexual assault.
His father told jurors Wednesday he didn't get his son psychological counseling after the boy was molested as a young child.
Komisarjevsky's attorneys say his ultra-religious family was opposed to psychological counseling.
But Benedict Komisarjevsky said Thursday the state should have helped his family with the issues that arose and told him what help was available.
crime, home invasion, murder, trial, connecticut, new haven, northern suburbs news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North trains being removed from accident scene
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Sunday's Yankees vs. Jays game postponed due to weather
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- 3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- President Obama gives speech to Morehouse graduates
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers