Northern Suburbs News
Dad of Conn. man convicted of 3 killings testifies
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- The father of a man facing a possible death sentence for killing a woman and her two daughters in a brutal Connecticut home invasion says the state should have helped his family more after a foster teen he took into his home sexually abused his son.
Benedict Komisarjevsky testified Thursday for a second day in the sentencing phase of his son's trial. Joshua Komisarjevsky was convicted on Oct. 13 of capital felony killing, kidnapping, arson and sexual assault.
His father told jurors Wednesday he didn't get his son psychological counseling after the boy was molested as a young child.
Komisarjevsky's attorneys say his ultra-religious family was opposed to psychological counseling.
But Benedict Komisarjevsky said Thursday the state should have helped his family with the issues that arose and told him what help was available.
crime, home invasion, murder, trial, connecticut, new haven, northern suburbs news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing