Northern Suburbs News
18K still without power in southeastern NY
NEW CITY, N.Y. -- Utility crews are making headway in restoring power to areas of southeastern New York hit by last Saturday's snow storm, with the total number of outages now under 20,000.
About 18,000 homes and businesses remain without power Thursday evening in the Mid-Hudson Valley and New York City's northern suburbs, down from more than 300,000 last weekend.
Most of the outages are in Rockland County, where nearly 8,000 customers are still waiting to get their electricity service restored. Utility officials say some of those customers may have to wait until late Sunday night to get their power back on.
Westchester County still has 5,800 customers without power, while there are about 2,300 outages reported in Putnam County.
yonkers, nor'easter, northern suburbs news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island 26 min ago
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 5 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 16 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says 33 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos