Northern Suburbs News
18K still without power in southeastern NY
NEW CITY, N.Y. -- Utility crews are making headway in restoring power to areas of southeastern New York hit by last Saturday's snow storm, with the total number of outages now under 20,000.
About 18,000 homes and businesses remain without power Thursday evening in the Mid-Hudson Valley and New York City's northern suburbs, down from more than 300,000 last weekend.
Most of the outages are in Rockland County, where nearly 8,000 customers are still waiting to get their electricity service restored. Utility officials say some of those customers may have to wait until late Sunday night to get their power back on.
Westchester County still has 5,800 customers without power, while there are about 2,300 outages reported in Putnam County.
yonkers, nor'easter, northern suburbs news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway