Northern Suburbs News
Christmas decorations blamed for Westchester fire
NEW ROCHELLE (WABC) -- Holiday decorations are being blamed for a fire that nearly destroyed a house in Westchester County.
Officials say wires from decorations overheated a surge protector and ignited the Christmas tree in the New Rochelle home around 9 p.m. Thursday.
The fire spread to a Christmas tree, the walls and the furniture in the living room.
Everyone inside the two family-house made it out safely.
westchester county, new rochelle, fire, northern suburbs news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk 49 min ago
- Demolition to begin at Edison school gutted by fire 39 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos