Northern Suburbs News
Teen killed, passenger critical in Rye accident
RYE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A teen driver was killed and her young passenger critically injured when their BMW spun into a tree in Rye Sunday night.
The driver lost control of her grey 1999 BMW 328i convertible on the ramp from Interstate 287 to Interstate 95 just before 9:15 p.m.
The vehicle spun out on the wet roadway and crashed into a tree.
The driver, 17-year-old Margaret Radford, of Croton on Hudson was killed in the crash.
Her passenger, 16-year-old Celia Sprouse of Stamford, sustained massive head trauma.
She is in critical condition at Greenwich Hospital.
Investigators believe speed and the wet roadway were factors in the crash.
The vehicle was registered to Radford's father.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rye, accident, northern suburbs news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Granderson hits sac fly to lift Mets over Braves in 14
- Anna, Beltran key Yankees' 5-1, 12-inning win