Northern Suburbs News
Teen killed, passenger critical in Rye accident
RYE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A teen driver was killed and her young passenger critically injured when their BMW spun into a tree in Rye Sunday night.
The driver lost control of her grey 1999 BMW 328i convertible on the ramp from Interstate 287 to Interstate 95 just before 9:15 p.m.
The vehicle spun out on the wet roadway and crashed into a tree.
The driver, 17-year-old Margaret Radford, of Croton on Hudson was killed in the crash.
Her passenger, 16-year-old Celia Sprouse of Stamford, sustained massive head trauma.
She is in critical condition at Greenwich Hospital.
Investigators believe speed and the wet roadway were factors in the crash.
The vehicle was registered to Radford's father.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rye, accident, northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 53 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos 52 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 43 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 41 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
53 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos