Northern Suburbs News
Teen killed, passenger critical in Rye accident
RYE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A teen driver was killed and her young passenger critically injured when their BMW spun into a tree in Rye Sunday night.
The driver lost control of her grey 1999 BMW 328i convertible on the ramp from Interstate 287 to Interstate 95 just before 9:15 p.m.
The vehicle spun out on the wet roadway and crashed into a tree.
The driver, 17-year-old Margaret Radford, of Croton on Hudson was killed in the crash.
Her passenger, 16-year-old Celia Sprouse of Stamford, sustained massive head trauma.
She is in critical condition at Greenwich Hospital.
Investigators believe speed and the wet roadway were factors in the crash.
The vehicle was registered to Radford's father.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rye, accident, northern suburbs news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97