Northern Suburbs News
Metro-North introducing quiet cars in Connecticut
NEW HAVEN -- The Metro-North commuter railroad plans to ban cell phone use in certain train cars on the New Haven line beginning Monday.
The "Quiet Cars" were first introduced by the railroad on the Port Jervis branch last year and have already been expanded to the Hudson and Harlem lines.
The Connecticut Metro-North Rail Commuter Council says it's been pushing for the change for about 10 years and is pleased the railroad has begun to embrace the concept.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, new haven, metro north, northern suburbs news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 52 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 17 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
35 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos