Northern Suburbs News
Funeral Monday for Marist student who died in fire
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. -- An interfaith memorial service is planned at Marist College for three people killed when a fire tore through an off-campus home being rented by students at the Hudson Valley college.
Funeral services for 21-year-old Eva Block of Woodbridge, Conn., were held Monday afternoon in Fairfield, Conn. She was a senior at Marist in the town of Poughkeepsie.
Poughkeepsie police identify the other victims of the Saturday morning fire as 21-year-old Marist student Kerry Fitzsimmons of Commack, and 21-year-old Kevin Johnson of New Canaan, Conn. He was a Dutchess Community College student.
Four people escaped by jumping out windows. The cause of the fire is being investigated.
Marist spokesman Greg Cannon says a memorial service is planned for 11:15 a.m. Wednesday at the college chapel.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
poughkeepsie, fire, northern suburbs news
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Child, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 7 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos