Northern Suburbs News
Misled Vassar applicants to have fees reimbursed
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (WABC) -- The 76 students who were wrongly told they had been accepted to Vassar College will get their application fee back.
The president of Vassar issued an apology to the students, who were mistakenly told the were admitted on Friday.
On Sunday, they got an email saying the original information was caused by a computer glitch.
President Catharine Hill says she is upset by the confusion and that the school will reimbursement the $65 application fee.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
poughkeepsie, northern suburbs news
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 54 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 24 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident 26 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 39 min ago
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 28 min ago
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 57 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
10 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
22 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
28 min ago