Northern Suburbs News
Misled Vassar applicants to have fees reimbursed
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (WABC) -- The 76 students who were wrongly told they had been accepted to Vassar College will get their application fee back.
The president of Vassar issued an apology to the students, who were mistakenly told the were admitted on Friday.
On Sunday, they got an email saying the original information was caused by a computer glitch.
President Catharine Hill says she is upset by the confusion and that the school will reimbursement the $65 application fee.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
poughkeepsie, northern suburbs news
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela 30 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary