Northern Suburbs News
Yale issues report on sex misconduct complaints
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Yale University officials say 52 cases of sexual assault, harassment and other misconduct were brought to their attention in the last six months of 2011.
The Yale Daily News reports that university officials on Tuesday night released Yale's first-ever report compiling all sexual misconduct complaints reported around the New Haven campus.
Yale President Richard Levin said in an email to the Yale community that the number of complaints "is a matter of deep concern." He said university officials will not tolerate sexual misconduct.
Federal Education Department officials have been investigating a complaint by students that Yale has a sexually hostile environment and has failed to adequately respond to sexual harassment concerns.
Yale plans to release sexual misconduct reports twice a year to be more transparent about the problem.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
sex crime, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow hits southern New Jersey, heads for NYC 1 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV