Northern Suburbs News
Yale issues report on sex misconduct complaints
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Yale University officials say 52 cases of sexual assault, harassment and other misconduct were brought to their attention in the last six months of 2011.
The Yale Daily News reports that university officials on Tuesday night released Yale's first-ever report compiling all sexual misconduct complaints reported around the New Haven campus.
Yale President Richard Levin said in an email to the Yale community that the number of complaints "is a matter of deep concern." He said university officials will not tolerate sexual misconduct.
Federal Education Department officials have been investigating a complaint by students that Yale has a sexually hostile environment and has failed to adequately respond to sexual harassment concerns.
Yale plans to release sexual misconduct reports twice a year to be more transparent about the problem.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
sex crime, northern suburbs news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash