Northern Suburbs News
NYPD auxiliary cop busted for child porn
ORANGE COUNTY (WABC) -- An NYPD auxiliary officer was arrested in Orange County Thursday for allegedly having a huge collection of child pornography.
Police say Daniel Sayers, who is listed on the auxiliary website as a captain, had hundreds of photos of boys under the age of 16 engaging in sexual acts. The pictures were discovered in two raids.
Sayers had also received an award sponsored by President Barack Obama for his services.
Sayers was a 20-year resident of Blooming Grove and was in the process of moving to a rental property in Greenwood Lake. Police say his landlord saw some of his moving boxes and noticed disturbing photos before contacting authorities.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
orange county, police officer arrested, pornography, nypd, northern suburbs news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 52 min ago
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 39 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify 23 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 11 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 11 min ago