Northern Suburbs News
NYPD auxiliary cop busted for child porn
ORANGE COUNTY (WABC) -- An NYPD auxiliary officer was arrested in Orange County Thursday for allegedly having a huge collection of child pornography.
Police say Daniel Sayers, who is listed on the auxiliary website as a captain, had hundreds of photos of boys under the age of 16 engaging in sexual acts. The pictures were discovered in two raids.
Sayers had also received an award sponsored by President Barack Obama for his services.
Sayers was a 20-year resident of Blooming Grove and was in the process of moving to a rental property in Greenwood Lake. Police say his landlord saw some of his moving boxes and noticed disturbing photos before contacting authorities.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
orange county, police officer arrested, pornography, nypd, northern suburbs news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 8 min ago
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 3 min ago