Northern Suburbs News
NYPD auxiliary cop busted for child porn
ORANGE COUNTY (WABC) -- An NYPD auxiliary officer was arrested in Orange County Thursday for allegedly having a huge collection of child pornography.
Police say Daniel Sayers, who is listed on the auxiliary website as a captain, had hundreds of photos of boys under the age of 16 engaging in sexual acts. The pictures were discovered in two raids.
Sayers had also received an award sponsored by President Barack Obama for his services.
Sayers was a 20-year resident of Blooming Grove and was in the process of moving to a rental property in Greenwood Lake. Police say his landlord saw some of his moving boxes and noticed disturbing photos before contacting authorities.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
orange county, police officer arrested, pornography, nypd, northern suburbs news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 31 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey 56 min ago
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 15 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Majority of debris removed from explosion...
16 min ago
- Residents displaced by explosion search for...
17 min ago
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
31 min ago
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of...
15 min ago