Northern Suburbs News
Courthouse gunman opens fire in Middletown
MIDDLETOWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- Officers shot and killed a man armed with a shotgun who opened fire in the lobby of Middletown City Court Wednesday morning.
Officials say Timothy Mulqueen, 43, used a vestibule outside of the Middletown City Court to enter the building with a 12-gauge shotgun.
Authorities said he fired multiple times inside the courthouse on James Street toward New York State Court Officers near the entrance.
Court officers returned fire and shot the suspect. Mulqueen was transported to Orange Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Authorities said one court officer was injured and transported to Orange Regional Medical Center. The officer did not suffer a life threatening injury, officials said.
Two other officers were taken to a hospital for treatment for shock.
Court records show Mulqueen had a pending case involving menacing and other charges after an encounter with Mayor Joseph DeStefano's daughter at the mayor's home last August.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
middletown, orange county, shooting, northern suburbs news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 22 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 33 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest 35 min ago
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
7 min ago