Northern Suburbs News
NJ man pulled off train tracks just before car was hit
CONGERS, N.Y. -- An unconscious New Jersey man was pulled off the train tracks in New York just moments before a freight train struck the man's disabled car.
Authorities reportedly say that the 62-year-old man from Tappan got his car stuck on the tracks in Congers Friday night, called 911, and then apparently collapsed from a heart attack while trying to move the car himself.
A police officer and volunteer firefighter rushed to the scene and manage to pull the unconscious man off the tracks just before the train barreled by, smashing into the man's car.
Authorities say the man, whose name was not yet released, was revived by medical staff and was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in serious condition.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rescue, train accident, northern suburbs news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims 23 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA men's basketball tournament 7 min ago
- March Madness-style bracket rates high school girls
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown 18 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after...
18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
15 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos