Northern Suburbs News
Man robbed while asking for directions
YONKERS (WABC) -- Police are looking for the bandits who robbed a man who stopped to ask for directions in Yonkers.
The incident happened on Saturday night around 10:00 on Warburton Avenue.
Investigators said the 25-year-old man from Queens pulled over to ask for directions.
Two men approached his vehicle, and one of them pulled out a gun.
The driver handed over $250 and a cell phone.
Both suspects then fled into Trevor Park.
The driver was not injured.
Police are looking for two black men. One is described as 6' tall, 190 pounds, approximately 20 years ago and wearing a red sweatshirt. The other suspect is described as 5'7" and 195 pounds, also around 20 years old. He was wearing a black sweater with dark jeans.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call the Detectives Division at 914-377-7724.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
crime, robbery, yonkers, northern suburbs news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 2 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos