Northern Suburbs News
Man robbed while asking for directions
YONKERS (WABC) -- Police are looking for the bandits who robbed a man who stopped to ask for directions in Yonkers.
The incident happened on Saturday night around 10:00 on Warburton Avenue.
Investigators said the 25-year-old man from Queens pulled over to ask for directions.
Two men approached his vehicle, and one of them pulled out a gun.
The driver handed over $250 and a cell phone.
Both suspects then fled into Trevor Park.
The driver was not injured.
Police are looking for two black men. One is described as 6' tall, 190 pounds, approximately 20 years ago and wearing a red sweatshirt. The other suspect is described as 5'7" and 195 pounds, also around 20 years old. He was wearing a black sweater with dark jeans.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call the Detectives Division at 914-377-7724.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
crime, robbery, yonkers, northern suburbs news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos