Northern Suburbs News
White powder sent to CT school, other locations in U.S.
ENFIELD (WABC) -- Officials in Connecticut are investigating a white powder scare after the substance was sent to a middle school in Enfield.
The envelope was sent to John F. Kennedy Middle School, as well as three schools in Texas and one in New Hampshire. An art gallery in New York and a bank in Alabama were also targeted.
Initial testing found the powder to be harmless.
The FBI and the U.S. Postal Service are looking into whether all of the cases are connected.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school threat, northern suburbs news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 52 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
13 min ago