Northern Suburbs News
White powder sent to CT school, other locations in U.S.
ENFIELD (WABC) -- Officials in Connecticut are investigating a white powder scare after the substance was sent to a middle school in Enfield.
The envelope was sent to John F. Kennedy Middle School, as well as three schools in Texas and one in New Hampshire. An art gallery in New York and a bank in Alabama were also targeted.
Initial testing found the powder to be harmless.
The FBI and the U.S. Postal Service are looking into whether all of the cases are connected.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school threat, northern suburbs news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos