Northern Suburbs News
Petition to reunite military dog with Marine
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's now a petition drive to reunite a U.S. Marine with her military service dog.
Corporal Megan Leavey wants to adopt Sergeant Rex, a bomb-sniffing dog she served with in Iraq, but the adoption has stalled.
Senator Charles Schumer has launched a petition on his web site to speed up the process.
Leavey says Rex is in failing health and the military may put him down if he can no longer serve as a working dog.
The two completed more than 100 missions in Iraq together.
You can sign the petition here: http://schumer.senate.gov/Contact/savingsgtrex.htm
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
u.s. military, dog, northern suburbs news
- Snow Alert issued in NYC for Tuesday 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Multiple people injured in Toms River bus accident 17 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl 37 min ago
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims 18 min ago
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Snow Alert issued in NYC for Tuesday
41 min ago