Northern Suburbs News
Petition to reunite military dog with Marine
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's now a petition drive to reunite a U.S. Marine with her military service dog.
Corporal Megan Leavey wants to adopt Sergeant Rex, a bomb-sniffing dog she served with in Iraq, but the adoption has stalled.
Senator Charles Schumer has launched a petition on his web site to speed up the process.
Leavey says Rex is in failing health and the military may put him down if he can no longer serve as a working dog.
The two completed more than 100 missions in Iraq together.
You can sign the petition here: http://schumer.senate.gov/Contact/savingsgtrex.htm
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
u.s. military, dog, northern suburbs news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday 56 min ago
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash 59 min ago
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime 9 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion 34 min ago
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case 50 min ago
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Orb trainer fights nerves at Preakness
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos