Northern Suburbs News
Petition to reunite military dog with Marine
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's now a petition drive to reunite a U.S. Marine with her military service dog.
Corporal Megan Leavey wants to adopt Sergeant Rex, a bomb-sniffing dog she served with in Iraq, but the adoption has stalled.
Senator Charles Schumer has launched a petition on his web site to speed up the process.
Leavey says Rex is in failing health and the military may put him down if he can no longer serve as a working dog.
The two completed more than 100 missions in Iraq together.
You can sign the petition here: http://schumer.senate.gov/Contact/savingsgtrex.htm
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
u.s. military, dog, northern suburbs news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident 25 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 26 min ago
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation