Northern Suburbs News
Connecticut high school institutes prom dress code
SOUTHINGTON (WABC) -- A school district in Connecticut is taking steps to prevent risque prom dresses.
Students in the town of Southington can not wear midriffs, plunging necklines or bare feet at a the prom.
District officials say they are not trying to stifle any fashion trends, they just want students to remember that the prom is a school event.
Some girls say they must now return their prom dresses.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, northern suburbs news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 25 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
2 min ago