Northern Suburbs News
Baby found in basement of Connecticut day care
WATERBURY, Conn. (WABC) -- A shocking tale out of a home day care in Connecticut.
The day care's operator, Cataline Reyes, was arrested this week after a health inspector found a 6-month-old baby girl in a basement crawl space.
Police in Waterbury say the baby was strapped to a car seat and was alone for hours without food or water.
Investigators say Reyes apparently hid the child because she didn't want the inspector to know the day care was over capacity.
Reyes is charged with risk of injury to a minor.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, baby, northern suburbs news
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Police ID suspect in theft of 1-year old's earrings 2 min ago
- NYC baby brought to hospital by parents pronounced dead 18 min ago
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat 26 min ago
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy 19 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake' 28 min ago