Northern Suburbs News
Baby found in basement of Connecticut day care
WATERBURY, Conn. (WABC) -- A shocking tale out of a home day care in Connecticut.
The day care's operator, Cataline Reyes, was arrested this week after a health inspector found a 6-month-old baby girl in a basement crawl space.
Police in Waterbury say the baby was strapped to a car seat and was alone for hours without food or water.
Investigators say Reyes apparently hid the child because she didn't want the inspector to know the day care was over capacity.
Reyes is charged with risk of injury to a minor.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, baby, northern suburbs news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 56 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles 59 min ago
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
56 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos