Northern Suburbs News
Woman facing eviction allegedly burns house
NAUGATUCK, Conn. (WABC) -- Police in Connecticut say a woman who was about to be evicted tried to burn down her building.
75-year-old Raeann Goss is charged with arson.
She's accused of setting fire to her apartment in Naugatuck in February.
Ss she was being carried out of the apartment, police say she shouted "This is what you get" to her landlord.
The fire caused $100,000 in damage.
Her landlord said that she had been behind on her rent since last October, due to suspected gambling problems.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
arson, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos