Northern Suburbs News
2 arrested in Yonkers bodega stabbing
YONKERS, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Yonkers bodega owner and an employee have been arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing of a man during an argument.
Police have charged Luz Deli Grocery owner Kervin Ortiz, 43, and Francisco Vasquez, 37, with first-degree manslaughter. The men are accused of stabbing Rodney Jackson Sunday night outside the deli.
Police said that the owner and the victim "exchanged angry words inside the store."
The argument spilled out on to the street, where Jackson was struck with a bat and stabbed with a knife.
Police found him lying on the ground bleeding from the lower back. He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Both suspects were arraigned on manslaughter charges and bail set at $125,000 for each.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
yonkers, murder, arrest, crime, northern suburbs news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos