Northern Suburbs News
2 arrested in Yonkers bodega stabbing
YONKERS, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Yonkers bodega owner and an employee have been arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing of a man during an argument.
Police have charged Luz Deli Grocery owner Kervin Ortiz, 43, and Francisco Vasquez, 37, with first-degree manslaughter. The men are accused of stabbing Rodney Jackson Sunday night outside the deli.
Police said that the owner and the victim "exchanged angry words inside the store."
The argument spilled out on to the street, where Jackson was struck with a bat and stabbed with a knife.
Police found him lying on the ground bleeding from the lower back. He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Both suspects were arraigned on manslaughter charges and bail set at $125,000 for each.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
yonkers, murder, arrest, crime, northern suburbs news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn 28 min ago
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97