Northern Suburbs News
Connecticut trooper injured in wrong-way crash
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- State police are expected to file charges against a driver who crashed into two state police cruisers and injured a trooper in a wrong-way accident on Interstate 95 in Bridgeport.
Authorities say 63-year-old John Mysliwiec of Shelton was driving the wrong way in the northbound lanes Thursday night when he struck the two cruisers. The crash also involved two other vehicles. Mysliwiec's car caught on fire.
Mysliwiec was rescued and taken to a hospital with a head injury and broken ribs, and Trooper Gregory Lebeau was hospitalized with head and arm injuries. No one else was injured.
State police say Lebeau and another trooper were responding to a separate accident when they were told about a wrong-way driver. They positioned their cruisers to block the highway and were struck.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- Young child shot in foot in the Bronx 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Jersey City water main break repaired 51 min ago
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 27 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 6 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 29 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 1 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
6 min ago
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
29 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos