Northern Suburbs News
Connecticut trooper injured in wrong-way crash
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- State police are expected to file charges against a driver who crashed into two state police cruisers and injured a trooper in a wrong-way accident on Interstate 95 in Bridgeport.
Authorities say 63-year-old John Mysliwiec of Shelton was driving the wrong way in the northbound lanes Thursday night when he struck the two cruisers. The crash also involved two other vehicles. Mysliwiec's car caught on fire.
Mysliwiec was rescued and taken to a hospital with a head injury and broken ribs, and Trooper Gregory Lebeau was hospitalized with head and arm injuries. No one else was injured.
State police say Lebeau and another trooper were responding to a separate accident when they were told about a wrong-way driver. They positioned their cruisers to block the highway and were struck.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies 31 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 3 min ago
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon 46 min ago
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim 26 min ago
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
15 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos