Northern Suburbs News
Man arrested for allegedly raping three teens
MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police in Westchester County say an accused serial rapist attacked at least three teenage girls he met on the internet.
Now they worry that there may be more victims.
Tyrell Taylor is in trouble with the law again and arrested for the 33rd time.
Police say over the last month Taylor preyed on teenage girls in Mount Vernon.
He's accused of raping three young women all either 16 or 17 years old, despite telling neighbors he was undergoing counseling.
The investigation started March 9th when the first alleged victim contacted police and said she had been raped.
In the weeks that followed, two additional victims came forward.
Police say Taylor knew at least one of the victims and used social media to meet the others.
Investigators say the suspect set up encounters through instant messaging applications including Blackberry messenger.
Taylor was not a registered sex offender, though police say he had been arrested previously on sex charges.
For the last several months, he was renting a third floor apartment on South Fulton Street, which is where at least one of the attacks took place.
After conducting surveillance, police arrested Taylor March 30th as left his apartment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mount vernon, westchester county, rape, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House 40 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees