Northern Suburbs News
Plane makes 'hard landing' in Westchester County
YORKTOWN, New York (WABC) -- Westchester County Police say a small plane made a hard landing in Yorktown Heights.
Police say the small plane came from Teterboro Airport and was headed for Boston.
It landed in a field at the IBM Research Center just after 4:30 Friday afternoon.
The plane came to rest just off of Route 134 in Yorktown.
People who live in the area say they could hear the plane having some difficulty before crash landing.
Both men in the plane suffered only minor injuries.
Police say both men in the plane were conscious and alert after the emergency landing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
emergency landing, yorktown, northern suburbs news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ