Northern Suburbs News
Police investigate Ardsley home invasion
ARDSLEY, N.Y. (WABC) -- A manhunt is under way in Westchester County for the men who invaded a home on Bramblebrook Road in Ardsley.
Police say a father and three children were in the home when the men burst in. A 10-year-old girl and an 8-year-old boy were reportedly told to go into the bedroom and hide under the covers. The father and his 15-year-old son were led to a room where a safe was. There, one of the suspects asked the boy for the combination before hitting him in the head with a gun. The father then opened the safe and was also hit with a gun.
Investigators say the house, belonging to a contractor, appears to have been targeted. The suspects took off with an undetermined amount of cash.
There are no reports of any serious injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, home invasion, northern suburbs news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- FSU's Jameis Winston not charged in sex assault case 39 min ago
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos