Northern Suburbs News
Day care teacher accused of molesting sleeping girls
NORWALK -- A former teacher at a Norwalk day care center has been charged with molesting two girls during nap time.
Forty-four-year-old Harold Meyers of Bridgeport is charged with two counts of third-degree sexual assault and two counts of risk of injury to a minor. He was arraigned Monday at Norwalk Superior Court and remains detained on $150,000 bail.
Police allege Meyers molested the girls while working at Tumble Bugs day care center from 2007 to 2009. One of the girls was 4 or 5 years old at the time. The married father of four was also a substitute teacher in Bridgeport public schools and worked at another day care in Bridgeport.
Meyers denied the allegations when interviewed by police.
He's due back in court on May 11.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, child abuse, northern suburbs news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos