Northern Suburbs News
Day care teacher accused of molesting sleeping girls
NORWALK -- A former teacher at a Norwalk day care center has been charged with molesting two girls during nap time.
Forty-four-year-old Harold Meyers of Bridgeport is charged with two counts of third-degree sexual assault and two counts of risk of injury to a minor. He was arraigned Monday at Norwalk Superior Court and remains detained on $150,000 bail.
Police allege Meyers molested the girls while working at Tumble Bugs day care center from 2007 to 2009. One of the girls was 4 or 5 years old at the time. The married father of four was also a substitute teacher in Bridgeport public schools and worked at another day care in Bridgeport.
Meyers denied the allegations when interviewed by police.
He's due back in court on May 11.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, child abuse, northern suburbs news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 29 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act