Northern Suburbs News
Monsey child found alone on lawn of burning home
MONSEY, New York (WABC) -- A four-year-old boy was found sitting alone just outside his burning home in Rockland County.
The fire broke out in a home on West Central Avenue in Monsey, Friday afternoon.
Good samaritan Saul Katz and a Spring Valley DPW worker went to the back. The young child was spotted and pulled to safety. The child was found by fire officials sitting on the lawn of the burning home.
The fire chief said the boy was left alone by the father for just a few minutes. (UPDATE: The boy's father, Manual Lliguichusca, 33, was charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child.)
He was not hurt.
The home was destroyed.
It's not clear what started the blaze, but fire officials do say that it appears that the house was split up into four illegal apartments.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fire, monsey, northern suburbs news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos