Northern Suburbs News
Monsey child found alone on lawn of burning home
MONSEY, New York (WABC) -- A four-year-old boy was found sitting alone just outside his burning home in Rockland County.
The fire broke out in a home on West Central Avenue in Monsey, Friday afternoon.
Good samaritan Saul Katz and a Spring Valley DPW worker went to the back. The young child was spotted and pulled to safety. The child was found by fire officials sitting on the lawn of the burning home.
The fire chief said the boy was left alone by the father for just a few minutes. (UPDATE: The boy's father, Manual Lliguichusca, 33, was charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child.)
He was not hurt.
The home was destroyed.
It's not clear what started the blaze, but fire officials do say that it appears that the house was split up into four illegal apartments.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fire, monsey, northern suburbs news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 49 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 20 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate 33 min ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong 30 min ago
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
49 min ago