Northern Suburbs News
Fiery tractor-trailer crash shuts down I-95 in Connecticut
NEW HAVEN -- Interstate 95 northbound in New Haven was closed after a tractor-trailer went off the highway and burst into flames.
State police say the driver died in Wednesday morning's crash near exit 48, and the medical examiner was called to the scene. The person's name hasn't been released.
Authorities say the tractor-trailer went off the highway shortly after 3:30 a.m., rolled down a steep embankment and caught fire. Officials reopened the highway by 7:30 a.m.
Traffic was being redirected off exit 46 to Long Wharf Drive.
Troopers are trying to determine the cause of the accident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new haven, connecticut, accident, northern suburbs news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner 5 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages 3 min ago
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner 14 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds