Northern Suburbs News
Man survives fall in water, but then drowns?
YONKERS (WABC) -- A Yonkers man who fell off the back of a boat in Long Island Sound over the weekend died hours later.
Tommy Malos had been helping out a friend at a boat club in New Rochelle early Saturday morning. At some point, he fell into the water. He got out of the water on his own.
When Malos returned home, he said he wasn't feeling well and passed out.
Emergency crews were called to his home on Bronx River Road in Yonkers just before 11:00 on Saturday morning.
Maloswas pronounced dead just after noon.
Drowning was the suspected cause of the death, but the exact cause remained under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
yonkers, drowning, northern suburbs news
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore 21 min ago
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced 27 min ago
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile