Northern Suburbs News
Police kill suspect during Dutchess home invasion
LAGRANGE (WABC) -- Police shot and killed one suspect during a home invasion in Dutchess County Monday night, and four other suspects were taken into custody.
The incident began with the 911 call at 10:20. Two state troopers happened to be on patrol nearby and responded within minutes. One went to the rear of the home while another went inside. That trooper was confronted by a suspect who charged at him and struck him with a sawed off rifle.
The trooper opened fire, killing the 22-year old gunman. Meantime, the four suspects ran off. They were arrested within an hour.
Police say there were three adult occupants in the house and a child. One resident suffered a minor injury. Investigators won't comment on what they are looking for in a series of search warrants, but sources say the house was not picked at random.
The deceased suspect in the home invasion has been identified as Abdelle Jean St Ange, 22, of Poughkeepsie.
The suspects charged with robbery and related offenses were identified as 18-year-old Alphonso Brown, 25-year-old Kevin Madison, 27-year-old Dwayne White and 20-year-old Evan Davis.
The two troopers were treated at St. Francis Hospital and released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
dutchess county, home invasion, police shooting, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,... 37 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home 58 min ago
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger 22 min ago
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars 47 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma