Northern Suburbs News
Police kill suspect during Dutchess home invasion
LAGRANGE (WABC) -- Police shot and killed one suspect during a home invasion in Dutchess County Monday night, and four other suspects were taken into custody.
The incident began with the 911 call at 10:20. Two state troopers happened to be on patrol nearby and responded within minutes. One went to the rear of the home while another went inside. That trooper was confronted by a suspect who charged at him and struck him with a sawed off rifle.
The trooper opened fire, killing the 22-year old gunman. Meantime, the four suspects ran off. They were arrested within an hour.
Police say there were three adult occupants in the house and a child. One resident suffered a minor injury. Investigators won't comment on what they are looking for in a series of search warrants, but sources say the house was not picked at random.
The deceased suspect in the home invasion has been identified as Abdelle Jean St Ange, 22, of Poughkeepsie.
The suspects charged with robbery and related offenses were identified as 18-year-old Alphonso Brown, 25-year-old Kevin Madison, 27-year-old Dwayne White and 20-year-old Evan Davis.
The two troopers were treated at St. Francis Hospital and released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
dutchess county, home invasion, police shooting, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 7 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies 42 min ago
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 19 min ago
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice 11 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos