Northern Suburbs News
Police kill suspect during Dutchess home invasion
LAGRANGE (WABC) -- Police shot and killed one suspect during a home invasion in Dutchess County Monday night, and four other suspects were taken into custody.
The incident began with the 911 call at 10:20. Two state troopers happened to be on patrol nearby and responded within minutes. One went to the rear of the home while another went inside. That trooper was confronted by a suspect who charged at him and struck him with a sawed off rifle.
The trooper opened fire, killing the 22-year old gunman. Meantime, the four suspects ran off. They were arrested within an hour.
Police say there were three adult occupants in the house and a child. One resident suffered a minor injury. Investigators won't comment on what they are looking for in a series of search warrants, but sources say the house was not picked at random.
The deceased suspect in the home invasion has been identified as Abdelle Jean St Ange, 22, of Poughkeepsie.
The suspects charged with robbery and related offenses were identified as 18-year-old Alphonso Brown, 25-year-old Kevin Madison, 27-year-old Dwayne White and 20-year-old Evan Davis.
The two troopers were treated at St. Francis Hospital and released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
dutchess county, home invasion, police shooting, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Up Close with Diana Williams