Northern Suburbs News
5-year-old boy credited with saving 5 from fire
CONNECTICUT (WABC) -- Five people escaped a fire in their Connecticut home thanks to the sharp ears of a 5-year old boy.
Smoke alarms were going off in the two-family home in Wallingford early Tuesday.
No one heard them, except Nicholas Pellow, who immediately woke up his mom and his little sister, and alerted the downstairs neighbors, as well.
Authorities say the fire began in a third-floor bedroom.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, fire, northern suburbs news
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County 18 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 38 min ago
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe 20 min ago
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Strollers recalled due to wheel blowouts , Kolcraft says 10 min ago
- Vince Flynn, best-selling author, dies 21 min ago
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: East Village bodega crash 54 min ago
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos