Northern Suburbs News
Blind Connecticut teen living dream as cheerleader
NEW HAVEN (WABC) -- A young woman in Connecticut is living her dream, even though she cannot see a thing.
Brianna Rigby was born without eyes. Despite that, she is not only learning how to navigate freshman year at her New Haven high school, but she also joined the cheerleading squad.
The 15-year-old says she always dreamed of being one, and her keen sense of touch and listening skills helped her learn the routines.
Brianna isn't stopping at cheerleading, either. She is learning to compete in track and field, too, all while earning straight A's.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new haven, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 19 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall