Northern Suburbs News
Blind Connecticut teen living dream as cheerleader
NEW HAVEN (WABC) -- A young woman in Connecticut is living her dream, even though she cannot see a thing.
Brianna Rigby was born without eyes. Despite that, she is not only learning how to navigate freshman year at her New Haven high school, but she also joined the cheerleading squad.
The 15-year-old says she always dreamed of being one, and her keen sense of touch and listening skills helped her learn the routines.
Brianna isn't stopping at cheerleading, either. She is learning to compete in track and field, too, all while earning straight A's.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new haven, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 57 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 27 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident 29 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 42 min ago
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 31 min ago
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
2 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
25 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
31 min ago