Northern Suburbs News
5 hurt after car crashes in Bridgeport market
BRIDGEPORT -- Five people have been hospitalized after a car crashed through the glass doors of a Bridgeport market, briefly pinning one of the victims.
The accident happened on Friday afternoon at the Compare Foods market. Authorities said none of the injuries appeared to be life threatening.
The driver told police he accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake while trying to park and crashed through the sliding entrance doors.
A witness told the Connecticut Post (http://bit.ly/Kq0v14) that people were trying to get out the car's way, but couldn't.
Besides three customers, the car's driver and a passenger were also hospitalized after the crash.
Police didn't immediately release the names of the driver or the victims.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
bridgeport, accident, northern suburbs news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash 12 min ago
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime 16 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes 7 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at...
22 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos