Northern Suburbs News
Connecticut man held in alleged stabbing of 2 officers
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. -- New Britain police say an officer was stabbed and seriously injured while another officer was stabbed, but was protected by a pocket notebook.
Police say the two officers responded early Sunday morning to an alleged assault by a man against his common-law wife. Christopher Denigris is accused of charging at the officers.
Office Bruce Moro was stabbed twice and is being treated for serious injuries. He is expected to recover.
Police say Denigris allegedly tried to stab the other, unidentified, officer in the chest, but the knife did not penetrate notebooks in his shirt pocket.
The 51-year-old Denigris fled in a police cruiser, but crashed into a fence.
He is charged with attempt to commit murder, assault and other offenses. He is being held on a $1 million bond.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
police officer injured, stabbing, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- President Obama holds end of year news conference 4 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos