Northern Suburbs News
Connecticut man held in alleged stabbing of 2 officers
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. -- New Britain police say an officer was stabbed and seriously injured while another officer was stabbed, but was protected by a pocket notebook.
Police say the two officers responded early Sunday morning to an alleged assault by a man against his common-law wife. Christopher Denigris is accused of charging at the officers.
Office Bruce Moro was stabbed twice and is being treated for serious injuries. He is expected to recover.
Police say Denigris allegedly tried to stab the other, unidentified, officer in the chest, but the knife did not penetrate notebooks in his shirt pocket.
The 51-year-old Denigris fled in a police cruiser, but crashed into a fence.
He is charged with attempt to commit murder, assault and other offenses. He is being held on a $1 million bond.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
police officer injured, stabbing, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore 30 min ago
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile