Northern Suburbs News
Cops: Woman steals wig, bites chunk of store owner's arm
NEW HAVEN (WABC) -- A woman in Connecticut apparently "wigged out" after she allegedly got caught stealing a wig.
Investigators say surveillance video from a beauty supply store in New Haven shows the suspect, Lowpel Davis, walking out of the store with a $15 wig.
The 70-year-old owner and his son followed her down the street.
The son say Davis repeatedly hit him and even bit off a chunk of his arm and spit it back in his face.
Police say she was still kicking and screaming when they arrived.
Davis faces numerous charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new haven, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall