Northern Suburbs News
Cops: Woman steals wig, bites chunk of store owner's arm
NEW HAVEN (WABC) -- A woman in Connecticut apparently "wigged out" after she allegedly got caught stealing a wig.
Investigators say surveillance video from a beauty supply store in New Haven shows the suspect, Lowpel Davis, walking out of the store with a $15 wig.
The 70-year-old owner and his son followed her down the street.
The son say Davis repeatedly hit him and even bit off a chunk of his arm and spit it back in his face.
Police say she was still kicking and screaming when they arrived.
Davis faces numerous charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new haven, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97