Northern Suburbs News
Man, 19, fatally shot on porch in New Haven
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- A 19-year-old man was shot to death in New Haven on the same street where a 29-year-old man was killed last month.
Police say Robert Cirino of New Haven was shot at least twice as he hung on out a porch on Frank Street.
Witnesses told police a man approached Cirino, asked "What's up?", then pulled out a handgun and opened fire when Cirino responded with the same greeting.
The man fled on foot. Police hadn't made an arrest in the case as of early Saturday evening.
On May 4, 29-year-old Nathan Richardson was also shot to death on Frank Street. No arrest has been made in that killing
Police wouldn't comment to The New Haven Register (http://bit.ly/KrPkkE) whether they suspect a link between the shootings.
It's New Haven's seventh homicide this year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new haven, murder, shooting, northern suburbs news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 14 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway 14 min ago
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 48 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
14 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos