Northern Suburbs News
Man, 19, fatally shot on porch in New Haven
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- A 19-year-old man was shot to death in New Haven on the same street where a 29-year-old man was killed last month.
Police say Robert Cirino of New Haven was shot at least twice as he hung on out a porch on Frank Street.
Witnesses told police a man approached Cirino, asked "What's up?", then pulled out a handgun and opened fire when Cirino responded with the same greeting.
The man fled on foot. Police hadn't made an arrest in the case as of early Saturday evening.
On May 4, 29-year-old Nathan Richardson was also shot to death on Frank Street. No arrest has been made in that killing
Police wouldn't comment to The New Haven Register (http://bit.ly/KrPkkE) whether they suspect a link between the shootings.
It's New Haven's seventh homicide this year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new haven, murder, shooting, northern suburbs news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash