Northern Suburbs News
Students in Rye hazing incident plead not guilty
RYE (WABC) -- Three Westchester County high school students accused of hazing two eighth graders pleaded not guilty Tuesday.
Police say Rye High School juniors Max Meyerson, Sean Pinson and Tristan Scragg beat the younger boys on June 1 as part of a hazing ritual.
They allegedly forced them into a car and hit them with a paddle.
The three are facing felony assault charges, as well as misdemeanor hazing and unlawful imprisonment.
They pleaded not guilty to the lesser charges Tuesday. Another hearing has been set for next month to address the felony counts. They were also ordered to stay away from the victims.
Authorities are asking other possible victims to come forward.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rye, westchester county, assault, northern suburbs news
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid 49 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado 32 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack 16 min ago
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Anthony Weiner launches NYC mayoral bid
8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
49 min ago
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma...
32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos