Northern Suburbs News
Electrical fire puts on show in Mount Vernon
MOUNT VERNON (WABC) -- A electrical fire that caused a power outage in Mount Vernon put on quite a show for residents who were left in the dark.
The fire department was called to Grand Street just before 1 a.m. on a report of a utility pole on fire.
When they tried to put it out, it caused an explosion and a shower of sparks.
Con Edison crews shut down power to about 650 customers so the fire could be safely put out.
Electricity should be restored by 6 a.m.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mount vernon, fire, northern suburbs news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 23 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Investigation after police shoot suspect in Conn.
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore 18 min ago
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile