Northern Suburbs News
Electrical fire puts on show in Mount Vernon
MOUNT VERNON (WABC) -- A electrical fire that caused a power outage in Mount Vernon put on quite a show for residents who were left in the dark.
The fire department was called to Grand Street just before 1 a.m. on a report of a utility pole on fire.
When they tried to put it out, it caused an explosion and a shower of sparks.
Con Edison crews shut down power to about 650 customers so the fire could be safely put out.
Electricity should be restored by 6 a.m.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mount vernon, fire, northern suburbs news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos