Northern Suburbs News
Electrical fire puts on show in Mount Vernon
MOUNT VERNON (WABC) -- A electrical fire that caused a power outage in Mount Vernon put on quite a show for residents who were left in the dark.
The fire department was called to Grand Street just before 1 a.m. on a report of a utility pole on fire.
When they tried to put it out, it caused an explosion and a shower of sparks.
Con Edison crews shut down power to about 650 customers so the fire could be safely put out.
Electricity should be restored by 6 a.m.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mount vernon, fire, northern suburbs news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers