Northern Suburbs News
Elmsford fire spreads to second home
ELMSFORD, New York (WABC) -- A fire that started in a house in Elmsford, New York spread to a neighboring house as well.
Elmsford Mayor Robert Williams says the second home belongs to a town police detective.
Nobody has was injured in either home, but both familes were described as shaken.
The fires took place on Woodside Avenue.
Part of the home where the fire originally started has collapsed.
The Red Cross is putting the two families from 22 and 24 Woodside in hotels for the night. The Mayor said the community has already started gathering clothes for them.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 44 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 10 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
44 min ago