Northern Suburbs News
25 kids suffer minor injuries when school bus brakes hard
PEEKSKILL (WABC) -- A school bus carrying 25 elementary school children to Hillcrest Elementary School was involved in an incident Tuesday morning.
School officials say the incident happened on the Bear Mountain Parkway when a vehicle getting on the parkway cut off the bus, causing the driver to brake hard to avoid a collision.
As a result of the incident, 25 children are complaining of neck and back injuries and are being evaluated by Peekskill paramedics at the Hillcrest School.
All the injuries appear to be minor.
The driver of the other vehicle involved has not been identified.
Peekskill police are investigating.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
peekskill, school bus accident, northern suburbs news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store 24 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 22 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
19 min ago