Northern Suburbs News
Police believe same woman responsible for Stamford restaurant heists
STAMFORD (WABC) -- The shock for Som Nagpal came upon looking at the surveillance tape from his restaurant. On it, you can see a calm and collected thief searching his office until she finds the keys to the safe. She then empties it out and strolls out with $13,000 - a loss that has put his business in jeopardy.
Police believe the same woman is responsible for at least three other restaurant heists in Stamford. The spree began in January - the suspect went in through a back door at Tengda, an Asian restaurant, and went downstairs. She made off with almost $8,000 dollars.
In February, the suspect was less successful at another restaurant across the street, making off with only $166. Just a week before that, she went up to the second floor of an Irish pub and was about to walk off with a manager's purse.
However, when the suspect got away, police say her method is to wander through a back door at a time when the staff is busy with customers and the office is unattended.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
robbery, new rochelle, stamford, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen