Northern Suburbs News
Police believe same woman responsible for Stamford restaurant heists
STAMFORD (WABC) -- The shock for Som Nagpal came upon looking at the surveillance tape from his restaurant. On it, you can see a calm and collected thief searching his office until she finds the keys to the safe. She then empties it out and strolls out with $13,000 - a loss that has put his business in jeopardy.
Police believe the same woman is responsible for at least three other restaurant heists in Stamford. The spree began in January - the suspect went in through a back door at Tengda, an Asian restaurant, and went downstairs. She made off with almost $8,000 dollars.
In February, the suspect was less successful at another restaurant across the street, making off with only $166. Just a week before that, she went up to the second floor of an Irish pub and was about to walk off with a manager's purse.
However, when the suspect got away, police say her method is to wander through a back door at a time when the staff is busy with customers and the office is unattended.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
robbery, new rochelle, stamford, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 41 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation 45 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 7 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
41 min ago