Northern Suburbs News
Cops: Mom recorded child abuse, sent video to dad
WEST HAVEN -- A 20-year-old Connecticut woman is charged with videotaping herself abusing her 10-month-old daughter and sending the videos to the girl's father, along with text messages threatening to harm the child.
Kellie Park of West Haven is seen in one video kicking a baby gate on top of the girl, while in another video Park tells her daughter to "Eat stuff off the floor" while the girl is sitting on the floor, according to an arrest warrant affidavit. In another video, Park asks her daughter if she's hungry, then "pours/throws" food on her while the girl is in a high chair, the affidavit says.
Police also say Park sent 50 to 55 text messages on June 9 to her ex-boyfriend, the girl's father. Some of those messages said "I'll ... break her face," ''I'll beat her ... face in" and "I love abusing this kid," the affidavit says.
Authorities arrested Park on June 20 after the girl's father called police. She's charged with cruelty to persons, risk of injury to a child, third-degree assault and threatening.
Park is being held on $50,000 bail and her next appearance in Milford Superior Court is set for July 11.
Park's public defender, Kenneth Bunker, declined to comment on the allegations.
"It's a brand new case," he said. "There is still a lot to be learned."
The girl's maternal grandmother is temporarily caring for her and seeking custody of Park's 2-year-old daughter, the affidavit says.
Park's mother told police her daughter has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, obsessive deviant disorder and a mood disorder, and is confrontational and violent, the affidavit says.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, child abuse, northern suburbs news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos