Northern Suburbs News
Submarines return to welcome party in Connecticut
GROTON (WABC) -- After traveling nearly 30,000 miles at sea, sailors on two submarines got a huge welcome home party in Connecticut Wednesday.
The USS Annapolis and the USS Pittsburgh returned to Groton following six months at sea.
Families anxiously awaited their arrival along the Thames River.
Parents embraced their children and tears of joy were shed at the happy homecoming.
While their trip involved stops in Bahrain, Greece and Spain, a handful of the seafarers could not wait to get home as five babies were born during their deployment.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- 2nd murder conviction in death of cop Peter Figoski
- 'Unusual condition' seen before Metro North crash
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- 2 men arrested in after incident with Pakistan plane 26 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 38 min ago
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos