Northern Suburbs News
Yonkers man sought in alleged abduction
YONKERS (WABC) -- Police are searching for a Yonkers man in connection with the alleged abduction of a 3-year old boy in Kansas.
An amber alert was issued after the boy's mother called police to say Anthony Lopez Hernandez was taken by force following an altercation during a supervised visitation with his father, Francisco Jose Lopez-Campos.
Lopez-Campos is a suspected gang member, and authorities say he has taken the child to Yonkers before.
Lopez-Campos, is said to be 5'5", 200 pounds and bald.
The suspect's vehicle has been located but was found empty.
Law enforcement officers, trained trackers, and the K-9 Unit are all in search of Lopez-Campos and the child.
Police say the suspect is potentially armed and considered dangerous.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
yonkers, abduction, amber alert, northern suburbs news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
52 min ago