Northern Suburbs News
Yonkers man sought in alleged abduction
YONKERS (WABC) -- Police are searching for a Yonkers man in connection with the alleged abduction of a 3-year old boy in Kansas.
An amber alert was issued after the boy's mother called police to say Anthony Lopez Hernandez was taken by force following an altercation during a supervised visitation with his father, Francisco Jose Lopez-Campos.
Lopez-Campos is a suspected gang member, and authorities say he has taken the child to Yonkers before.
Lopez-Campos, is said to be 5'5", 200 pounds and bald.
The suspect's vehicle has been located but was found empty.
Law enforcement officers, trained trackers, and the K-9 Unit are all in search of Lopez-Campos and the child.
Police say the suspect is potentially armed and considered dangerous.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
yonkers, abduction, amber alert, northern suburbs news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse