Northern Suburbs News
Cancer patient granted last wish at Connecticut racetrack
LIME ROCK, Connecticut (WABC) -- A cancer patient with a passion for racing was able to fulfill a life-long dream in Connecticut.
Richie Reynolds, of Rhode Island, has terminal pancreatic cancer and was given six months to a year to live.
When his family heard his diagnosis, they teamed up with the Sports Car Driving Association to make his wishes of driving a racecar come true.
They took him to a track in Lime Rock for a spin.
Reynolds said racing around the track made him forget all of his troubles.
"When it's my time it's my time," he said. "It's totally a dream come true. Never expected it in my wildest dreams."
Richie's feelings are if these are his last days, he may as well make them days of thunder.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Actor James Gandolfini dead at 51 7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault 42 min ago
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos