Northern Suburbs News
Cancer patient granted last wish at Connecticut racetrack
LIME ROCK, Connecticut (WABC) -- A cancer patient with a passion for racing was able to fulfill a life-long dream in Connecticut.
Richie Reynolds, of Rhode Island, has terminal pancreatic cancer and was given six months to a year to live.
When his family heard his diagnosis, they teamed up with the Sports Car Driving Association to make his wishes of driving a racecar come true.
They took him to a track in Lime Rock for a spin.
Reynolds said racing around the track made him forget all of his troubles.
"When it's my time it's my time," he said. "It's totally a dream come true. Never expected it in my wildest dreams."
Richie's feelings are if these are his last days, he may as well make them days of thunder.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos