Northern Suburbs News
Cancer patient granted last wish at Connecticut racetrack
LIME ROCK, Connecticut (WABC) -- A cancer patient with a passion for racing was able to fulfill a life-long dream in Connecticut.
Richie Reynolds, of Rhode Island, has terminal pancreatic cancer and was given six months to a year to live.
When his family heard his diagnosis, they teamed up with the Sports Car Driving Association to make his wishes of driving a racecar come true.
They took him to a track in Lime Rock for a spin.
Reynolds said racing around the track made him forget all of his troubles.
"When it's my time it's my time," he said. "It's totally a dream come true. Never expected it in my wildest dreams."
Richie's feelings are if these are his last days, he may as well make them days of thunder.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 1 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77 14 min ago
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 3 min ago
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in...
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos