Northern Suburbs News
Basement fire tears through home in Armonk
ARMONK (WABC) -- Firefighters in Westchester County battled a quickly-moving house fire late Wednesday.
The basement fire was reported at a home on Hallock Place in Armonk around 11 p.m. The flames quickly spread through the entire house and could be seen shooting through the roof.
By 11:30, firefighters had abandoned their attack from inside and were fighting the fire only from the outside.
It is not known if anyone was in the house at the time.
Firefighters say the blaze was especially tough because getting water to the site was an issue early on.
A lightning strike is believed to be the cause.
Fire officials say the $3 million home belonged to a prominent investor.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, fire, northern suburbs news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner 3 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment
- Fast food workers strike to demand higher wages
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner 11 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds