Northern Suburbs News
White Plains boy swept out to sea in Hawaii
HAWAII (WABC) -- The search could be called off Friday for a White Plains teenager who was swept out to sea during an adventure vacation in Hawaii.
Authorities say 15-year-old Tyler Madoff, a student at Scarsdale High School, was part of a kayak tour group that set shore on the Big Island.
Madoff and another boy were resting in a tide pool Wednesday when a series of waves pulled them off the beach.
That second teenager was rescued and remains hospitalized in critical condition.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
white plains, scarsdale, drowning, northern suburbs news
- Worker trapped in waist-deep mud in Queens trench 6 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb 33 min ago
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- 2 dead in double shootingi in NJ doctor's office
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault 38 min ago
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA