Northern Suburbs News
White Plains boy swept out to sea in Hawaii
HAWAII (WABC) -- The search could be called off Friday for a White Plains teenager who was swept out to sea during an adventure vacation in Hawaii.
Authorities say 15-year-old Tyler Madoff, a student at Scarsdale High School, was part of a kayak tour group that set shore on the Big Island.
Madoff and another boy were resting in a tide pool Wednesday when a series of waves pulled them off the beach.
That second teenager was rescued and remains hospitalized in critical condition.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
white plains, scarsdale, drowning, northern suburbs news
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 16 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- Crown Heights woman critical after hit and run 23 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident