Northern Suburbs News
White Plains boy swept out to sea in Hawaii
HAWAII (WABC) -- The search could be called off Friday for a White Plains teenager who was swept out to sea during an adventure vacation in Hawaii.
Authorities say 15-year-old Tyler Madoff, a student at Scarsdale High School, was part of a kayak tour group that set shore on the Big Island.
Madoff and another boy were resting in a tide pool Wednesday when a series of waves pulled them off the beach.
That second teenager was rescued and remains hospitalized in critical condition.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
white plains, scarsdale, drowning, northern suburbs news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 14 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 8 min ago
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos