Northern Suburbs News
White Plains boy swept out to sea in Hawaii
HAWAII (WABC) -- The search could be called off Friday for a White Plains teenager who was swept out to sea during an adventure vacation in Hawaii.
Authorities say 15-year-old Tyler Madoff, a student at Scarsdale High School, was part of a kayak tour group that set shore on the Big Island.
Madoff and another boy were resting in a tide pool Wednesday when a series of waves pulled them off the beach.
That second teenager was rescued and remains hospitalized in critical condition.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
white plains, scarsdale, drowning, northern suburbs news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 27 min ago
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 20 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act