Northern Suburbs News
Con Ed worker accused of reporting false gas leak
YONKERS (WABC) -- A Con Edison worker is under arrest, accused of making a false report about a gas leak.
Yonkers police say 41-year-old Loriann Eriksen called Con Ed's gas emergency line to report a gas leak at a home on Hawthorne Avenue at 9:47 a.m. Friday.
Con Ed responded and determined there was no leak.
Eriksen is charged with falsely reporting an incident, which is a felony.
No word why she allegedly placed the bogus call.
Eriksen is due to appear in court on the charges Monday.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
yonkers, con ed, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House 2 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees