Northern Suburbs News
Con Ed worker accused of reporting false gas leak
YONKERS (WABC) -- A Con Edison worker is under arrest, accused of making a false report about a gas leak.
Yonkers police say 41-year-old Loriann Eriksen called Con Ed's gas emergency line to report a gas leak at a home on Hawthorne Avenue at 9:47 a.m. Friday.
Con Ed responded and determined there was no leak.
Eriksen is charged with falsely reporting an incident, which is a felony.
No word why she allegedly placed the bogus call.
Eriksen is due to appear in court on the charges Monday.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
yonkers, con ed, northern suburbs news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos