Northern Suburbs News
School death with teen restrained ruled an accident
YONKERS -- The Westchester County medical examiner has ruled that the death of a teenager who died after he was restrained at a school for troubled children was an accident.
Corey Foster was physically restrained at Leake & Watts residential treatment center in Yonkers after a dispute on a basketball court on April 18.
The report said the 16-year-old suffered cardiac arrest "during an excited state while being subdued."
His mother, Sheila, told the Journal News she was disappointed with the finding.
Her attorney said he planned to file papers in court Tuesday seeking the release of a surveillance video that could help identify staffers involved in the incident.
The district attorney's office said the investigation was continuing.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
yonkers, student death, northern suburbs news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements 23 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on 32 min ago
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 45 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 22 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 20 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 37 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together 11 min ago
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
22 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos