Northern Suburbs News
School death with teen restrained ruled an accident
YONKERS -- The Westchester County medical examiner has ruled that the death of a teenager who died after he was restrained at a school for troubled children was an accident.
Corey Foster was physically restrained at Leake & Watts residential treatment center in Yonkers after a dispute on a basketball court on April 18.
The report said the 16-year-old suffered cardiac arrest "during an excited state while being subdued."
His mother, Sheila, told the Journal News she was disappointed with the finding.
Her attorney said he planned to file papers in court Tuesday seeking the release of a surveillance video that could help identify staffers involved in the incident.
The district attorney's office said the investigation was continuing.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
yonkers, student death, northern suburbs news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 46 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
21 min ago