Northern Suburbs News
Man dead after police shooting results in crash
HARTFORD, Conn. -- A sport utility vehicle slammed through the wall of a Hartford home after police shot the driver early Wednesday.
State police spokesman, Lt. J. Paul Vance says police were trying to stop the stolen vehicle on Wadsworth Street at about 1 a.m., when the driver tried to run down the officers.
Vance says an officer fired into the SUV, which then crashed into an apartment house.
He says the driver was pronounced dead at the scene, and another passenger suffered serious injuries and was in surgery at Hartford Hospital. A third passenger, who was in the back seat, was taken into custody.
Vance says two people inside the dwelling were sleeping on the second floor and were not injured.
Several officers also were treated for minor injuries.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, hartford, police chase, police shooting, northern suburbs news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild 24 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport 21 min ago
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos