Northern Suburbs News
Man dead after police shooting results in crash
HARTFORD, Conn. -- A sport utility vehicle slammed through the wall of a Hartford home after police shot the driver early Wednesday.
State police spokesman, Lt. J. Paul Vance says police were trying to stop the stolen vehicle on Wadsworth Street at about 1 a.m., when the driver tried to run down the officers.
Vance says an officer fired into the SUV, which then crashed into an apartment house.
He says the driver was pronounced dead at the scene, and another passenger suffered serious injuries and was in surgery at Hartford Hospital. A third passenger, who was in the back seat, was taken into custody.
Vance says two people inside the dwelling were sleeping on the second floor and were not injured.
Several officers also were treated for minor injuries.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, hartford, police chase, police shooting, northern suburbs news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos