Northern Suburbs News
Lauren Spierer's family awaiting ID of human skull
INDIANA (WABC) -- The family of Lauren Spierer, the missing college student from Westchester County, is anxiously awaiting the identification of a human skull found in an Indiana River.
Spierer, an Indiana University college student disappeared last year. The skull was found a week ago in a river about 60 miles from the campus where Spierer was last seen.
This weekend, Lauren's father posted a message on a Facebook page dedicated to his daughter.
He wrote in part, "in the days ahead, a family will have answers they have been desperately seeking. Will it be ours? When will you end this nightmare for our family?"
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lauren spierer, missing person, northern suburbs news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Queens hit and run
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect 5 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Battling a third party energy company
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head 35 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
24 min ago