Northern Suburbs News
Lauren Spierer's family awaiting ID of human skull
INDIANA (WABC) -- The family of Lauren Spierer, the missing college student from Westchester County, is anxiously awaiting the identification of a human skull found in an Indiana River.
Spierer, an Indiana University college student disappeared last year. The skull was found a week ago in a river about 60 miles from the campus where Spierer was last seen.
This weekend, Lauren's father posted a message on a Facebook page dedicated to his daughter.
He wrote in part, "in the days ahead, a family will have answers they have been desperately seeking. Will it be ours? When will you end this nightmare for our family?"
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lauren spierer, missing person, northern suburbs news
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines