Northern Suburbs News
Lauren Spierer's family awaiting ID of human skull
INDIANA (WABC) -- The family of Lauren Spierer, the missing college student from Westchester County, is anxiously awaiting the identification of a human skull found in an Indiana River.
Spierer, an Indiana University college student disappeared last year. The skull was found a week ago in a river about 60 miles from the campus where Spierer was last seen.
This weekend, Lauren's father posted a message on a Facebook page dedicated to his daughter.
He wrote in part, "in the days ahead, a family will have answers they have been desperately seeking. Will it be ours? When will you end this nightmare for our family?"
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lauren spierer, missing person, northern suburbs news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado 7 min ago
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Muggy
28 min ago